Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Healthy Recipes: Mango Avocado Pasta Salad

I always try to prepare my dinners for the week ahead of time so I don't have to worry about it the day of. This week I wanted to make something, summery, healthy and filling. I found an avocado salad recipe on Pinterest but wanted to add some more vegetables and protein in the 
mix, along with this salad dressing I found in Marshall's that I wanted to use. So I created the Mango Avocado Pasta Salad.

Ingredients
1 bag Orecchiette pasta (wheat is healthier)
2 medium cucumbers
Artichoke hearts (I just bought a small jar)
1 can small pitted black olives
1 can black beans
1 dry pint cherry tomatoes
1 avocado
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Mango-Coconut Grilling & Glazing (also said for salad dressing)

Directions:
Boil pasta. Once done let pasta cool. Add, olives, black beans, cherry tomatoes. Cut cucumber and avocado into quarters and add. Then add crumbled feta cheese. Last add as much dressing as you would like. Mix together and ENJOY!



This amount is six days of dinner for one. So if you have more than one person in your family you may want to double the recipe or use it as a side. Let me know what you think or how you may have added anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment