Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Travel/Fitness: Vineyard Scoops Tour of Edgartown

Last week I traveled with my family to a little island off the coast of Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard. Before arriving I found a great 5k race called the Vineyard Scoops Tour of Edgartown and it started right down the street from the house we were renting, so there was no question I definitely had to do it.

The money raised went to the FARM Institute, an educational non-profit institution. The FARM Institute connects people of all ages to agriculture. It was a great cause and beautiful run on Katama Bay.

It was a beautiful run and really flat so you were able to enjoy the view. The course started at the Farm Institute at Katama Farm and continued along Edgartown Bay Road, past South Beach and back along the bike path to the finish line at the Farm Institute. 


The race is always the first Sunday in August. Above is the course if you are visiting and just lookin for a nice easy running course I recommend it. I can't wait to take part in this race again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment