Saturday, September 13, 2014

Healthy Recipes: Apple Cinnamon Protein Balls


Before my early morning runs I always want to give my body a little boost of protein to hold it over until breakfast. All people are different but for me I feel sick while working out with a full stomach. So I always keep my freezer full of little baggies of protein balls and have one or two before I head out.


I decided to create a new autumn version of the pre-workout treat, Apple Cinnamon Protein Balls. 

Here is what you need:
1/2 cup of peanut butter

3 1/2 cup rolled oats 
* I use any oats that are on sale and you don't need to cook.

3/4 cup apple sauce

1/3 cup maple syrup

2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp vanilla extract


1/4 tsp ginger


Mix all ingredients together. Roll into balls. Put into little bags and put in freezer. Enjoy!!

*If your mix is too wet, add more oats or put in fridge for a half hour. Then roll.into balls. If too dry add more peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment